Waking Up

9.12.2007

Back on the table again

Well, here I sit at 10:18am on Wednesday morning. I can't eat, I can't drink. I am having out-patient surgery again today. My doctor is going to do a laparoscopy and remove a piece of the cyst wall. This will ensure that it will drain and go away.

Now, I have to tell you that I am not exactly ready to do this. I went yesterday to the hospital to have my pre-op blood work and paperwork. We spent 3 hours there and it should have only taken us an hour at most. I was pretty darn mad when I went to get my blood drawn and they had to stick me not once, but three times in order to finally hit a vein and get the necessary blood for the tests. The first time she tried in the top of my right hand and she ended up blowing out my vein. Then she moved to the inside of my left forearm with a very small needle. No luck. The vein rolled and she wasn't able to DIG and find it. So, she then had to move the vein on the inside of my left wrist directly below my thumb. Now, let me tell you that this is the same place that the I.V. was started when I had my first surgery on Aug. 31. Needless to say, that was absolutely the worst needle stick ever. And of course she had to dig to actually hit the vein and start the bleeding.

I must admit, that I don't have a high pain tolerance. I think I have done pretty well up til yesterday dealing with my pain from all of this, but yesterday was the day I lost it. I am going to demand that they give me some kind of medicine today to relax me since I am very anxious about the surgery and the thought of them starting an I.V. again.
Hopefully I will be able to make it through today without having a total breakdown emotionally.

God, please give me favor with the doctors and nurses today. Please guide their hands. Please protect us all as we go through this day. I thank you so much Lord, for guiding us and though we don't understand all of this, you do. You know the plan you have for us and the path we should take. Let today go smoothly and help me to keep my sanity and strength. Thank you for all your blessings.

In your precious name I pray,

AMEN

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Blogger kellyk said...

i didn't know you were going to have to have surgery again. you doing ok?

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Chrissy Galloway said...

Looked for you at church today to say "hey" and "howdy" but couldn't find you after church. Hope you are doing peaches and creme like!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home