Waking Up

7.22.2007

God's timing as usual...

Things have been good around here. On Wednesday we found out that we were eligible for Medicaid to cover me and the baby during pregnancy. In order to fill out the application and be accepted I had to go get "proof of pregnancy". In other words I had to see a doctor or nurse in order to pee on a stick and find out what we already knew... that we were pregnant. So, I proceeded to get the piece of paper saying what my due date was to submit with the app. So I, hesitantly, went to Planned Parenthood in Fayetteville. They were the only clinic that could see me quickly and wouldn't cost me a fortune. So Thursday afternoon I ventured down there to find out what I had suspected... the facilities were pretty gross. I did get in and out fairly quickly though. We determined that I am 9 weeks along and due on Feb. 19, 2008. That was pretty much what I had figured after I did some calculating as to the time of conception. Friday afternoon I went to the Health Department and upon entering thought I was going to be there for a while, but after filing out the application and submitting all the necessary documentation, I was in and out in 30 minutes. Talk about MIRACLE!!! We are now on Medicaid and I already have my number. Now, let me tell you a little about our current situation. On June 15th I lost my job, and received my final check on the last day of June. During the month of July we have been living on just that extra vacation $ I got and Josh's income. Josh's pay alone was under the amount of eligibility for the Medicaid so that is why we qualified. But... I start my new job on Tuesday of this week, but don't get my 1st check until August 1. Now if I had gotten my job any earlier, we would have made too much $ to qualify for Medicaid, because they only verify income in the month of application!!! Woot!!! God totally worked out the details on this one, to make sure we were covered. Absolutely amazing. Now we will be able to set $ aside each month for savings for this baby instead of paying it all out in Insurance premiums and co-pays.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 AM , Blogger kellyk said...

oh that is SO awesome. we thought we'd qualify for medicaid the first go round, and found out WAY late in the game that we didn't and it was very depressing. babies are expensive!! and i'm thrilled you're further along than i figured---1) b/c now our babies will just be like 4-5 months apart! and 2) you're due on kev's birthday!;-)

 
At 5:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's timing is always perfect. You can see that just by the ending of your story. When will we ever learn?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home