Waking Up

7.02.2007

Day 2 & 3

Sorry this is a bit late, but I had to recoup after all the excitement...

Tuesday brought about the trip to Eureka Springs to see the tour of the New Holy Land and while we were there we found a man for my 72 year old grandma. He was the man that played Simon Peter at the Sea of Galilee. He was 70, a former marine(like my grandma), obviously was a Christian, and wasn't in a nursing home. LOL!!! We picked on my grandma all week about it. She took it well though.

After we finished our tour we had lunch and then continued on to Branson. We arrived in Branson and went to the Branson Tourism Center to find a hotel and a show to go to that evening. We finally got it all worked out and ended up at Seven Gables for the night.


We went out that night to see this show.

It was a great show and we had a great time. We laughed and sang and danced like there was no tomorrow. We clapped so much that our hands were sore.
The next day we went to the Tanger outlet mall and we convinced my g-ma to get a capri outfit. She looked very cute in it and she actually had a couple other people at the store tell her that too.

We went to McFarlains restaraunt for lunch that day and had an interesting experience. We went to the restroom before we actually went in to be seated and while in there we saw an employee of the restaurant not wash her hands. I wasn't going to say anything, but we got her as our server and I wasn't having it. I am not usually one to complain at places, but that was just GROSS! So I called over another server and asked her to send out the manager. I very politely told her that the girl had been in the restroom and had not washed her hands and we would appreciate it if she was going to serve us that she do it with clean hands. Needless to say the manager jumped her case and then she did something that surprised me. She gave us a new server. WOW, I was very impressed. We actually got decent service because she provided us with a new unbiased server. So, anyways on with the day... next we went to the Stone Hill Winery.
I had never been to a winery and wanted to take the tour(it was free). So we went on the tour and then of course we had our wine tasting.

I really have never had wine that I liked so I was anxious to see if I could find one that didn't make me gag. Well I did. I actually found 2 wines that were very good. One was a semi-sweet white and the other a dry white.

Once we finished up there it was time to head back to NW Arkansas.

That was our Tuesday and Wednesday. We had a blast and laughed so much.

2 Comments:

At 6:45 AM , Blogger Brian and Michelle said...

sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you layed the smack down on that server!!!!! good for you! =) that is SO GROSS!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Keisha said...

Wow. This makes me want to go on vacation bad! Glad you had fun!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home