Waking Up

6.11.2007

Beginning of the end

Today marks the beginning of the last week I will work at InvestLinc. This week should be quite easy, and kinda boring (all my weeks lately seem to be that way). I have a couple of things to do, but they won't take me but a couple hours to complete. On Thursday, the lady that is replacing me will begin her contract period here. I get the privilege of training her for my last 2 days. My boss just informed me today that he will be out of the office on Friday, so things should be interesting that day for sure. I have to prepare an orientation/training plan for the new lady for Thursday and Friday. I however told my boss today that it shouldn't take longer than a day to show her the in's and out's of what I do. I mean if she has any previous office experience she should be able to figure things out fairly quickly. My job, important as it may be (top execs wouldn't be nearly as successful without the people that work for them) is not exactly rocket science. I say adios to this office and most assuredly good riddance. I look forward to what ever comes next.

So, what is next...
well, the week of the 18th I am going to be at home!!! I need to get caught up on laundry, house cleaning, errands, appointments, etc. So, I will have a lot to do in a week. I am planning to begin working short term temp positions the last week of June, or maybe I'll wait until the first week of July... We'll have to see.

Also, Josh will be out of town at the annual Impact summer camp the last week of June, and while he is gone I am going to have visitors!!!:-) My mom and grandma are going to come stay with me that week. I am very excited since I haven't seen my mom since Christmas and its been a lot longer than that since I last saw my grandma. That is the reason I may not start working until the first week of July. I would like to be able to spend the whole week with them.

I would ask for prayer over the next couple of weeks, as this transition takes place. I am not sure what effect this will have on Josh and I, our finances, and where I am going to work next. I am completely faithful though that God will provide. I completely surrender to what might be next for me in this thing we call life.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM , Blogger kellyk said...

i'm so happy for you!! call me if you get bored at home. i actually quit the gym and looks like i'll be working at a mothers' day out program mon and thurs. other days i'll be HOME all day.

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Chrissy Galloway said...

I don't know if your interested in becoming a WalMartion but they are always hiring at the HO. Let me know if your interested and I can get you some info!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home