Waking Up

5.06.2007

The finale has come until Fall comes again

Today was my concert for the chorale I have been a part of for the last 15 weeks. It was a pretty good concert if I do say so myself. The ladies of the choir really rocked it out with our 3 numbers. The concert lasted about 1 hr and 30 minutes. During the concert my feet went numb. I guess it was the way I was standing. But it was really fun. An announcement was made after I dress rehearsal on thursday night, that next week on Tuesday and Wednesday they are having auditions for the upcoming summer season production of Guys and Dolls. I was so excited when they said it, since Guys and Dolls is one of my very favorite musicals. I went to the ACO website and read about auditions, only to find that it requires 4-6 weeks of rehearsal on every weeknight. I just can't commit to that much time. I really want to do it, but I know that I would not be able to practice every night of the week. I have other things I am involved in that require my attendance. So, after much contemplation I have decided not to venture into the summer season of productions at the Arts Center of the Ozarks. So, the finale has come for me and the arts for now!

4 Comments:

At 6:37 AM , Blogger kellyk said...

sorry we didn't make it to the concert. we started a MASSIVE project in our bathroom, and didn't even go to church b/c we were working on it. it's still not done!! ack. what were we thinking?!

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger Kim said...

horray!
i miss hearing you sing. you have such a beautiful voice. :)

hope you get the part in guys and dolls!

 
At 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl! did you get the concert on video? (since we went to visit brock's grandparents until tonight (monday night), we missed it!) i bet it was as awesome as what you said - no doubt! but i would really like to see the songs that your girls sang together! let me know! :)

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger SABRINA said...

Well the concert was not video recorded, but they did audio record it. I will let you know once I have the cd of it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home