Waking Up

3.10.2007

Paintball, the battle wounds

Today, Josh, Aaron, Nathan, Danielle, and our friend Steven went to play paintball at a cool cave in Joplin. We started our day with a 2 hour trip that should have only taken us 1 hour. Thanks google maps for giving us bad directions! After we finally arrived and got checked-in and suited up, the 7 hour day began with a somewhat small course inside that cave. We played what is called speed ball. It just basically means that you have to move fast and hide behind inflatable objects throughout the field. I did fairly well here as I was the last man standing on our team, twice. Mind you, I haven't played since we have lived in Arkansas and I have only played one time ever. So, I felt like I was doing well. Then I tried to move forward on the field more than I had previously...bad idea. I did make it to the middle of the field, but Nathan saw me and hit me on the mask. Well, right as I yelled hit and raised my gun in the air I was hit in the neck, THE BARE NECK, with a paintball full blast. Here is the damage it did:


I really don't think that picture does it much justice. It is pretty nasty, and I must admit... my eyes teared up when I got hit. That is by far the most painful thing I think I have experience in most of my life. Of course I haven't had any babies yet, so I can't say it will be the most painful thing ever. So anyways throughout the day, I was hit several times in some very sensitive areas. I walked away today with welts/bruises on my neck, my lower back, my left bicep, and in the chest(I won't specify on that one, but use your imagination).
Dispite the battle wounds, I did have fun today, and I did better than I thought I would.

2 Comments:

At 5:25 AM , Blogger Joel said...

Well I guess it must be time for you to start having babies...you've experienced everything else ;)

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Kim said...

ouch!!
nathan told us about his hit! i was like.."Dang. that would SUCK!"
you should've gotten your revenge on him. :)

we're going paintballing in may, i think. hopefully i don't get hit in any sensitive spots.

maybe i'll get hit in my THUMB! haha. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home