Waking Up

4.12.2007

The long road to recovery...

I have been laid up in bed for the last 3 days and have several more to survive. My lower back started hurting on Sunday and has over the last 5 days gotten worse. I did go to a chiropractor and he spent about 20 minutes adjusting me. Then I got my dr. to call in a prescription for a muscle relaxant. I was not able to actually go see my primary care physician since they would have had to take an x-ray and it was broken!!! So, I finally decided today after being miserable all night long to go to Mercy's Convenient Care. I walked in and after speaking to the front desk nurse and explaining my pain was a 7 out of 10(10 being worst), she called out another nurse to speak to me. This nurse preceded to tell me that all they could do was take an x-ray. If any additional tests were needed they would have to send me to the ER. Then she said the magic words... I would have to pay co-pays at both facilities. So, I decided to just go to the ER. So, I went to St. Mary's Hospital. Oddly enough the the process wasn't to painful. I only waited in the waiting area for about 10 minutes before I was taken back to a room. Then after a few minutes back there my wonderful husband showed up to sit with me. We were there a total of 1.5 hours. We walked away knowing that I have sciatica, which is inflammation of the sciatic nerve that runs from your lower back down your legs. I received not just one, but two shots in my butt. Gotta love those...but I did get Daffy Duck band-aids, lol). I was also given two prescriptions. One is an anti-inflammatory, and the other a pain med. I figure I will be knocked out for the next couple of days from all this medicine I am taking.

If you get bored, feel free to call me. I have been pretty bored the last couple of days, and tomorrow won't be much better I'm sure.

Well I am off to snooze, the meds are kicking in!

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM , Blogger kellyk said...

that sucks!! i'm so sorry!! back pain is so miserable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home