Waking Up

10.22.2005

Back from the world of Event Planning

Well I returned from my business meeting trip to Tulsa, OK yesterday. I was so glad to be home, but not for the reason you may think.

My week which started on Tuesday morning at about 5:30am went really well. I arrived in Tulsa around 10am that same day and at the moment I arrived at the Hotel I felt really out of place. The hotel was the Renaissance . It was way more ritzy than I was used to, and I felt overwhelmed at first. That day was pretty easy since we didn't have any meetings till that afternoon at 3pm. I was able to go to bed that night at about 10:30pm. I was back up the next morning at 5:30am and after an entire day of meeting after meeting I was able to go to bed at around 12:45am. Then I was back up at 5:45 on Thursday morning for another full day of activities, but Thursday was different. After I got everyone to the "off site" activities. I had a chance to relax. I ordered lunch via room service. At 3pm I went to my spa appt. where I got a Foot Wrap that was excellent, my legs and feet feel so smooth. Then I went to my room with a tray of chocolates, fruit, and a glass of champagne that was sent to me from the hotel's event coordinator, Nicki. She did a phenomenal job all week making sure we had everything we needed. So, on with my story. I was able to go relax in my room and get cleaned up for the dinner and dessert reception that evening. I made it to bed sometime around 12:45am again that night. I got up on Friday at 6:30am and had the last few meetings to tend to before I headed home around 10:30am.

This week was great, I had so much fun taking care of everything and I have decided that I want to help with all of the meetings from this point on. I was treated like a queen all week with the great customer service of the hotel. I guess that is the life of an Event Planner. I think I will venture back in to that world whenever possible.

I had a great time.

I went to bed at 10pm last night and slept until 12:45pm today.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM , Blogger PapaBob said...

Hey! Didnt have a clue you had a blog.

Ill second all Em said, it was an amazing peaceful time where God moved, it was wonderful.

Miss you guys, hopefully you can visit soon! You weren't here long enough for me to get to know.
Love and Peace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home