Waking Up

8.31.2005

It has really hit me hard

Hurricane Katrina and its effects have absolutely blown my mind. I have spent everyday since Sunday watching the news to see the latest developments with the effected region. It has really been a traumatic experience for me. I have never lived close enough to a hurricane region to really have to deal with it in a personal way before. Here I am at work on Wednesday morning and all I want to do is cry, cry out to God to spare the lives of so many people, to speed up the recover efforts, to bring more people to help. I want to help, I decided on Monday that I really want to be a part of the relief efforts. I may not be able to build a house, or fix plumbing or provide medical assistance, but I can work hard and be a light to these people. I want to be there to give them a hug and tell them that God still has control no matter what happens, and that he will provide for them. My heart is absolutely broken for the victims, and their families who may not know there whereabouts or even if they are alive. God make a way for me to be a helper, a stronghold for these people. Give me the strength to do everything that I can to assist the people who have no home left to go to, no food to eat, no water to drink, no place to seek refuge.
I am aksing everyone who may read this to search your heart and find a way to help these people. Give blood, send food, water, medical supplies, donate money, in any way you can, help! Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home