Waking Up

10.07.2005

Business Meeting- Take 1 for me

I was asked early this week to be the onsite coordinator of a Quarterly business meeting that will take place in Tulsa, OK from the 18-21 of Oct. I was quite nervous to accept but very excited about the possibilities this could have for me. I will basically be the "point-man" at the event, working with the Hotel staff and Caterers to make sure this event goes off without a hitch. Right now a woman that formerly worked for my company is handling all of the planning and details. She is going to send me a book of information this next week that has everything I will need to know, and then some I believe. I am renting a car and driving about 2 hrs. to get there on Tuesday the 18th by 11am for a meeting with the Hotel to meet everyone I will be working with all week. I then will be required to be at least 1 hr early to every meeting room to make sure it is set-up and ready to go(approximately 7AM) then spend the entire day overseeing the preparation of the upcoming meetings and evening events. I will probably make it to bed around 11PM each night. So, I will be really tired at the end of the week, and then get to drive myself home 2hrs. Don't take me wrong here, I am not complaining about the responsibility I will have just preparing myself for the long and exhausting week. Please pray for me that no matter what happens, I will be able to be confident and handle it! By the way this is my first business meeting trip.

4 Comments:

At 8:42 PM , Blogger Joel said...

Just remember where your confidence lies. If it lies in your ability to reason, figure out, problem solve, and rationalize, you'll be sorely disappointed. Trust me this is hard to admit coming from someone like me!

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger Allie said...

And of course I third that comment.
You'll be great girlie!!! Just keep your head up and remember to breathe. That always helps. And this is old news to you, but you know God will never give you more than you can handle.
Email me sometime, miss ya.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger The Goddess said...

So you don't know me. But I have been following your husband's and your blogs for a little while now. I was wondering if you could pray for "that girl" on soaporlife.blogspot.com... I've shared the gospel with her on a couple of occasions and I just really want that to take root. Also, she is in a really tough situation right now. I don't know how ethical it is to give out her site information...but I feel it's really important...Thanks.

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Kim said...

i love you sabrina!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home