Waking Up

9.09.2005

Life

I received a call from a friend of Josh and I's today. She didn't call to catch up or talk about the weekend. She called to tell me of the death of her Father-in-law. I was absolutely blown away. He had a massive heart attack last night and died. I tried to be strong and tell her that we would be here if she needed anything. After the call ended I begin thinking and I started to feel sick at the thought of that being me or Josh. I have been very emotional since them today. I cry evertime I think of my parents, or Josh's. I wanted so desperately to go home and hug them all. To tell them I love them, I miss them and spend much needed time with them. I guess the reality of it all just hit me like a heavyweight boxing champ's punch right in the stomach. I just want to be in OH where our families, and friends are right now. I want to tell my Dad to take care of himself, to eat better, to exercise, anything he can to be around as long as he can. But, then I realize that he could do all of that and still be gone tomorrow, because God decides when our time on Earth is up. Then I think that there has to be a reason for anyones untimely death. So, I pray
God, please reveal your purpose to me, to our friends' family. Let them know that God will be all the support, courage, love, strength that they will need. Help me to make the most of every moment of every day. To spend time with/talk to everyone that matters to me as often as I can, just to tell them how much I love them and how much more God loves them.


Life really has a way of waking up a side of you that you never knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home