Waking Up

9.15.2005

Leading the Followers or following the followers?

Tonight was once again my class at NWACC. My professor for the class was not able to be there tonight because of a family emergency. He called me late this afternoon to make sure I would be in class and to see if I could "handle" things for the night. I was excited to help out and conduct our class. I made sure to take roll since we do get points for attending class. I found that a lot of our students were right on track with their homework and so we went ahead to the next section over Excel. I had to pick some case problems for the students to complete for homework. Overall not to many people asked questions and the class was very quiet. I was actually able to work on the case problems myself. In doing so I realized I don't know much when it comes to formulas in Excel. They kinda confuse me. They have specific ways that each one has to be entered, and a certain order of operations to follow. Why did they make them so complicated? Why can't they be simple to remember? Well anyways that was my class tonight.

On another subject, I had a really interesting conversation with a co-worker today about Christianity. We discussed some really deep issues that I sometimes question. Like, if we accept Christ and become born again and then completely deny Christ, will we still get to heaven? Will God give us a chance to explain? Or what about this; if we in our heart want to accept him and die before we actually speak it, does that count? Do we get a chance to meet God and say I just didn't get a chance. I know some of these questions may be simple for some to answer but when you really think about it, sometimes you begin to question yourself. I am a total believer in God's grace all the way. I think that we will never know the answer to these questions until we meet God. I would like to think that God's grace extends to us even at that time, but a part of me beliefs that we have to use the time we have on Earth to make those choices and if we don't then we just don't!

I guess it comes down to this... We are living a perfectly planned life that God knows everything about. When we are on Earth living life, we might as well have hope in him since we really have nothing to lose, but absolutely everything to gain. Having God means having hope in everything, having joy that no one or nothing can steal, living a life that is flawless. Now isn't that a lot to fathom? I thought so too.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 AM , Blogger SABRINA said...

WHAT? You reading a book? I know that is difficult for you to do, and I am proud of you for following through.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home