Waking Up

12.21.2004

The Real Deal

Last night Rachel, Courtney, and Luke came over to my house to hang out. We watched movies, made yummy choc. chip cookies, and then Courtney and Rachel surprised us with a gift. It was a scrapbook comprised of pictures and letters to Josh & I. I was excited to get it, but may not have seemed appreciative right at that moment. I had to hold back tears. After they all left, Josh & I really read the letters from everyone and looked closer at the captured memories. It was really difficult to see all the great people we are leaving behind. I read all the letters and then I couldn't stop crying for almost 15minutes. I personally want you all to know that "you" have helped to make Josh & I what we are today. Being a youth leader was one of the most trying, stressful things I have ever done (till now of course). But the rewards of seeing all the teenagers grow up, become leaders themselves, and continue to follow God has been truly amazing. I can't believe the changes we have all been through together, youth ministry, personal, spiritual... the list goes on. I am the most blessed person in the world to have spent these last 4 1/2 years being a part of all of your lives. I appreciate your honesty, your ability to be real in any situation. It will be hard to go, but I know that you will carry on in our absence, with the gusto you have always had. I just hope and pray to see some of you in AR to visit!

I love you all from the bottom of my heart, and no matter the distance, the relationship will never change.

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Dang. That made me cry. It's just now hitting me. You guys are leaving..in less than a month. I don't think I can take it. You have been so wonderful to me through the past 4 years. Seriously. I love you so much! We will definitly have to keep in touch. But I just want you to know that I appreciate everything you have done for me! I will never forget the wonderful times we've had together. You truly are amazing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home