Waking Up

11.13.2006

IRON CHEF AMERICA PRESENTS:






Iron Chef Mario Batali / Rachael Ray


Vs.


Iron Chef Bobby Flay / Giada De Laurentiis

These Food Network Chefs battled it out on Sunday night. The special ingredient they had to use in each dish created was: Cranberries.

I must admit that I did not see the entire show, as I was flipping back and forth between this and Desperate Housewives, and then at 9pm with Brothers and Sisters.

What I did catch of the show was incredible. I really love the carefree style that Mario Batali has. He is so relaxed and nonchalant during the one hour challenge. His team mate Rachael Ray was somewhat relaxed during the challenge, but did show a little frustration a few times.

On the other side it seemed very stressful, and chaotic most of the time during the challenge. No one lost their cool or anything, but Giada was a bit frantic over a couple of things that weren't working as she had planned. At one point she actually jumped up and down, because she was worried about time when her water wasn't boiling for the raviolli to cook.

Both teams of incredible chefs came out with some amazing dishes. The teams did an incredible job of incorporating the cranberry into each dish, as well as using it to make the components of each dish. Presentation was great, which is almost always my favorite part of cooking. I really enjoyed watching the challenge and some of my favorite Food Network Chefs battle it out. Now, the part you've all been waiting for, well some of you anyways... Which pairs' cuisine was reigning supreme?

IRON CHEF BATALI / RACHAEL RAY

That actually came as a surprise to me last night. But today as I rethink the competitors' of this challenge I remember that Iron Chef Batali is almost never defeated. So, now that you have heard about it, give me your thoughts.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM , Blogger Allen said...

I totally forgot that the battle was that night and missed it so I can't read your post because it will spoil the show anyway here are the air times
November 12, 2006 9:00 PM ET/PT
November 13, 2006 12:00 AM ET/PT
November 18, 2006 9:00 PM ET/PT
November 19, 2006 12:00 AM ET/PT
November 19, 2006 4:00 PM ET/PT
November 22, 2006 10:30 PM ET/PT
November 23, 2006 1:30 AM ET/PT
December 17, 2006 9:00 PM ET/PT
December 18, 2006 12:00 AM ET/PT
December 21, 2006 9:00 PM ET/PT
December 22, 2006 12:00 AM ET/PT
December 23, 2006 10:30 PM ET/PT
December 24, 2006 1:30 AM ET/PT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home