Waking Up

6.28.2005

french pedicure


french pedicure
Originally uploaded by beanie_rat.
I went on Monday night to a salon in our Wal-Mart store to get a manicure and pedicure done. The lady did french tips on both my hands and feet. She did a really great job. While she was working on my fingernails, we were chatting a bit. Her family is originally from Vietnam. SHe has lived in the US now for about 15 years, and her two sons are born here. It was really interesting talking to her about her ambitions for her children. She wants desperately for them to get good grades, go to college, and become so much more than she had a chance to be. I reassured her that what she does is also a praise-worthy job, it takes a very patient person to deal with people in such a close manor. I mean I wouldn't want to massage someone else's feet even after they had soaked in the foot bath. Anyways, I really enjoyed learning something about someone from another culture.

On another note, we will be leaving on Friday, July 1st to head for Springfield. We should arrive in the early morning hours on Sat. I am super excited about seeing everyone at camp. We will be at Michindoh on Sun afternoon sometime, so when I hear that the WFFC buses have arrived I will be waiting to say hello to everyone. See ya soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home